Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Digital Media Lab: Video Tools

I had long since been familiar with how to post videos on youtube so for this lab I decided to learn how to edit and remix movies. Here is some of what I learned:

Youtube provides its users with basic tools for editing and remixing its videos some of the options include: Replacing the sound on a movie with a song provided by youtube, annotating movies, and adding captions.

If you are looking for a bit more options and versatility, I found a few sites that allow you to edit movies from the website without downloading any software. If this interests you, you can try  (imbed links) Also, windows movie editor, though not a great program in my opinion, works for basic video editing needs. Basically I can say that if you want to do a lot with video editing, buy a mac :)


Here is the movie that I remixed as part of  my digital lab, hope you enjoy:



If you consider yourself very computer literate please try to help me with this question:

How do you transfer and decompress an applet archive to your web server? The reason why I ask this is that I found a few seemingly good open source movie editing programs but all of them required this step. For Example

No comments:

Post a Comment