Sunday, May 22, 2011

Believe in America: Romney National Call Day



Those who know me well recognize that I am one who simultaneously strongly dislikes to engender disagreement while, at the same time, holds passionate and strong opinions. It is an interesting combination. Perhaps that is why one of my favorite quotes is:


"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend" -Thomas Jefferson

Furthermore, because of this--most of the time-- I like to stay away from anything political in my Facebook Posts, Blog Posts, etc. I have many dear friends who are not politically like-minded as me and I really do not enjoy coming across as being "in your face" with my political beliefs. That being said, this weekend was just far to great an experience to not blog about it...


On Sunday, I went to Las Vegas to help fund raise for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid. Sunday evening, I attended a reception where we heard the Governor and his wife speak networked with some very interesting and successful individuals. My two favorites being Meg Whitman, former Republican gubernatorial candidate, and Stephanie Nielson, famous blogger and survivor of plane crash.


Monday was when all the work began we entered a room the size of three football fields with about 800 Romney "bundlers" the event raised about 10.5 million--a pretty incredible feat I might say. Of course my contribution to that sum was essentially negligible but it was just awesome to be part of and soak up the ambiance of the whole event.

No comments:

Post a Comment