Thursday, January 27, 2011

Looking For Something to Do? Try Keeping a Journal...

If your house were burning down and you only had a moment to grab an armful of things, what would you grab? 


I would grab my journals..

I am not the best journal keeper in the world but I am happy to say that it has been something that I have consistently tried to do since I was about thirteen... As result of my efforts, I have hundreds of pages of my thoughts and memories that I value dearly. But it is still something that I have to constantly work at; I even made it a new years resolution.

So if you are looking for a little bit of extra motivation to start back up on your journal keeping, here is my list of some of the great benefits that can come from keeping a journal:

1) It helps you become better at articulating your thoughts and feelings. 
2) It is a self-exploration activity that helps you learn more about yourself and your feelings.
3) It is a record for yourself and your posterity.
4) It is a a therapeutic way of venting.
5) Details in memories fade fast, writing in a journal helps preserve those details.  
6) It is a great way to track your personal development.

I am sure that there are many benefits to add to the list but I hope that these help!

No comments:

Post a Comment